The Rebirth of Steve Rubin Photography

There are times throughout our lives when change is necessary. Sometimes this happens when examining career choices, sometimes when looking at where we want to live, and sometimes for other more personal reasons. However difficult change may be,  I  believe that change is good. 

For the past 50 years or so I have had a camera (of some sort or another) around my neck. I discovered photography through an old family friend back when I was a teenager and have never looked back!  Since the past 10 years I started my photography business, focusing on the typical things, weddings, portraits, sometimes dabbling in food photography, and many times doing event photography for non-profits.  

As I re-examined my life’s goals, I have decided that like in 2010 when the winds of change had me start Steve Rubin Photography, those winds started to blow again, coercing me to change to what I truly love, nature and landscape photography. 

Therefore, all those unique wedding photos are gone (at least from my web site), no more family portrait examples. I am now (and will be in the future) focusing my skills, talents and desires in what I really love, capturing nature and sharing that with my audience. 

This is the first of many blog posts to share those photos and the experiences behind them. Of course, all of my images are available for purchase, but I hope that you truly enjoy the stories behind the images as well. 

I’ll start with three of my favorites. 

Wailua Falls Kauai Hawaii



This double helix falls is easily accessible from the road, just a short drive from the airport in Lihue, Kauai  . For those of us of a certain age (I’m 63 at this writing) you may remember the TV show “Fantasy Island”, where all of your fantasies came true, starring Ricardo Montalbon and Herve Villechaize. The opening credits always had Mr. Villechaize running and yelling “The Plane the Plane” with this beautiful double waterfall in the background. 

I was lucky that this particular day, this rainbow just happened to make an appearance for me to capture. It’s just another example of nature showing off! 

Margerie Glacier - Alaska USA



The Margerie Glacier is a 21 mi (34 km) long tidewater glacier in Glacier BayAlaska, I was lucky to be able to see this beautiful part of our 49th state while cruising in the Glacier National Park. This photograph is really twelve individual images stitched together to make up a beautiful panoramic images. 

The Mount Pilatus Gondala



Just off of Lake Lucerne is Mt Pilatus, a mountain just under 7,000 feet. We reached the top via a special railroad, but descended the mountain via this Gondala, going right through the clouds. What an experience it was taking in the beautiful Swiss landscape. 

Want to see more?  

If you want to see more images like this, feel free to visit my landscape galleries


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wildlife is Right Around the Corner

Wildlife Photography, how do you get these types of shots?

Why Persistence and Patience Matters as a Wildlife Photographer